Thursday, October 20, 2011

Fat Talk Free Week

One of my favorite blogger's, Smart and Sassy with Sprinkles, posted this video this morning. 

First thing I do when I get to work is get my coffee and read my 3 favorite blogs and this morning I was blown away by this video.  It really is no laughing matter and the statistics that were shown about women's self image of themselves is extremely sad.  We are all guilty of it, I am probably the worst.  I would give anything to be at the weight I was 5 years ago.  However, this video made me stop and think, "shut up Jenna and do something about it.  Stop complaining and do it."  It's like when I want a good grade on an exam, I do not sleep and study my butt off in the library.  So why can't I think like this when it comes to loosing weight.  I need to stop eating junk and drinking beer (especially) and work out more.  Yes, loosing weight is a lot harder than getting the A I want, but it can happen when you work hard.  This week I will NOT think negatively upon my appearance.

So ladies, stop being sorry for yourself about the way you look...everyone is beautiful in one way or another but it is your choice to show it!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you were impacted by the video. Its crazy to realize just how much fat talk and negative body image concerns are woven into the fabric of our daily lives. Thanks for reposting this; I think everyone can inspire change just by shifting the way we talk!

    ReplyDelete