Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Let Go Laughing

This past weekend was FULL of laughs!  My sister, mother and I flew up to Canada to see family friends, my "Aunt" Patty and her two daughters, Amy and Krissy.  My mother (Patti) and my "Aunt" Patty met each other when they were in their twenties when they were both living in Long Island, New York.  They met each other through their boyfriends.  Ultimately, they both ditched the boys and stayed friends; thirty years later they are still best friends and silly as ever and even created more friendships among their daughters. 

My mom and "aunt" are both named Patti/y, but what is even funnier is they both married Mike's and had 2 daughters, all around the same age.  Whenever our family's get together for a night in the city, a vacation to Aruba or the Hamptons, or a trip to Canada, it is ALWAYS a fun time!  Our times spent together is literally laugh, after laugh, after laugh.   

We spent this girls weekend at wineries, touring Toronto, watching the Office, watching the Hangover (my Patti's first time!) and when we weren't out doing one of those, we were all huddled up around the kitchen table drinking wine/beer and eating!   We have these silly drinking traditions our moms started when they were young that we, daughters, insist on doing!  We grew up watching them and LOVE when we are together that we can do it with them!  Instead of "cheers"ing our first drink, we say "up yours."  When you are finished with your beer, you don't recycle it (yet) you throw it over the deck and wait to hear it clink with another bottle.  

I love when our mother's are together, it's like when both Patti/y's are together they go back in time and relive their youth with us!  This weekend made me thankful for my funny family and friends and  has really ensured me that distance make the heart grow fonder and that you are never too old to have a great time and laugh!


the kids in Aruba in 2000 - behind the bar

the kids in Aruba in 2007 ... legal to drink :)

No comments:

Post a Comment