Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Laughs

During this Christmas week I laughed many times while prepping for Christmas dinners, wrapping gifts, unwrapping gifts and enjoying the time spent with family and friends.   I would like to share the moments that really made me laugh this week...
  • ugly Christmas sweaters - my mom works at the local high school (where I went) and a bunch of teachers decided to wear ugly sweaters on the half day because its basically a party all day so why not have some fun.  Well my family and I have the ugliest Christmas sweater that we have all worn once to a party.  It is sad though because it was my nana's holiday sweater, but only a nana could get away with wearing a sweater this tacky.  Anyways... my mom emailed me on that day (Thursday) saying so far she had not seen anyone else wearing an ugly sweater.  Reading that email made me burst into laughter at my cube, what I would give to run over to the school to see my mom in her tacky ugly Christmas ornament sweater and everyone else in regular clothes - guess the joke was on her?!
  • my sister's reaction when she opened my Christmas gift.  I got my sister the best Christmas gift this year!  Here is some background information... my sister, Ali, collects wine glasses.  Whenever I visit a new place, I always look for a glass for her to buy.  Well while searching my new obsession, Etsy.com, I came across a shop ,Crystal Peace Studio, where the artist makes caricatures on wine glasses.  I literally died laughing when I found this.  I just had to get this for Ali; so I sent a picture of my sister to the artist and she created a personal wine glass for my sister.  My sister has the best laugh, I wish I could share that with you; she opened my gift and her loud laugh filled our Christmas morning and was contagious and my whole family was in laughter from Ali's laugh and my gift. 
my sister's wine glass with her face on it!

I hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday and that you all shared just as much laughter as my family did!  I'd love to hear all about your holiday laughs!!

xo- jenna, the professional laugher

No comments:

Post a Comment