Tuesday, December 14, 2010

the broken down choo-choo train

My best friend, Kate (who I call Schmate) and I like to do arts & crafts together.  We are so childish.  I don't want to brag, but we are pretty good at it.  This past Sunday, Schmate came over to make a gingerbread choo-choo train with me.  It was a lot of fun, whenever we do crafts it ends up in laughter as we talk and do our busy work.  But this train assembly was quite funny in that we could not get the train to stay in position for longer than 5 minutes; it just always fell apart.  But we did an awesome job, or so I think.  Here are pictures before and after. 

the finished train

the broken down train :(
It was hysterical trying to maneuver a way to get the train to stand alone, we tried extra extra icing, Hershey kisses, toothpicks, holding for 5 minutes and letting go.  Nothing worked, so we gave up and decided to eat the train, but even that was funny.  These gingerbread kits do not provide you with good tasting materials or even quality candies, so we could not even enjoy the taste.  But it was a great day spent with a great friend!

1 comment:

  1. yay, your doing pics now...love the train! I used to make gingerbread houses with my mom and sissy as a litte girl and I loved the whole process. I need to do it again soon! I bet this was as fun to make as it was to eat!!

    xo Carlina
    AllergicToVanilla.com

    ReplyDelete