Tuesday, June 28, 2011

lipstick laughs

As I have mentioned before, I come from a big Italian family.  This past weekend was my cousins family graduation party.  Family parties are always a good time that end in drunken shananigans.  My Great Aunt Rosetta (who is 90 years old) is known for bringing "gifts."  These are really not "gifts," basically she cleans out her apartment and brings you her old belongings because she thinks you could use them.  As this is very thoughtful of her, usually it is something you do not want nor need.  As funny as it is, it is very sentimental at the same time.

Well I think this weekend's gift might have been my favorite.  Aunt Rosetta came with a sleeve of lipstick tubes for each of her great nieces.   I do not think I have really ever worn lipstick, and I now know why.  That stuff tastes bad, my cousins and I all agreed that we'll stick to our lip gloss.   But instantaneously as soon as I received my tube of bright pink lipstick, I put it on and started the trend with my 10 other girl cousins.  We were hysterically laughing and Aunt Rosetta was so touched that we loved the gifts.  We took a GREAT picture of all of us wearing our lipstick surrounding Aunt Rosetta smiling and laughing together.  It is a picture I will definitely cherish and frame.  Unfortunately, I do not have a copy of the picture yet (my mom took the picture and did not post yet). I was only able to take a picture with my iPhone to send a quick pic to my sister who had to miss the lipstick laughs because she was in class on a Saturday.

Tori, Me, Kelsey & Tina showing off our lipstick laughs

No comments:

Post a Comment