Saturday, November 20, 2010

Thankful Laughs

I am pretty sure every family does on Thanksgiving, but before anyone in my family can even eat a crumb of anything off the table we all go around the table and say what we are thankful for.  I have a huge, loud, Italian family; so this is a task in itself.  Most of the adults say they are thankful for our family, one of my uncles will say something sarcastic or stupid, one of my cousins will say beer or their cell phone and then my Pop-Pop will definitely say our family and usually makes us all cry.  It is a great moment and I am truly lucky to have this.  Yet we all cry together, the second we are all done saying what we are thankful for.  For that moment, it is probably the only time my family can be serious and then soon after laughter will begin while my dad tells one of his funny jokes or my Pop-Pop says something hysterical.
With Thanksgiving only four days away, I want to think of something clever to say this year as what I am thankful for.  Even though, I am thankful for my family and friends … that is too cliché and too typical in my family.
 I am thankful for laughter.  I am thankful for the laughter that comes with my family and friends.  Because those are the 3 most important things to me in my life: family, friends and laughter.
What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

  1. thankful for my family, love, health, happiness, job, friends, and good times....lots of things!

    about getting more followers, you just have to get your blog name out there. Search other similar blogs, or those interested in your topic and reach out to them. Also put pics up on your blog, even if its just you and your sis playing the foot game ;)

    xo Carlina
    AllergicToVanilla.com

    ReplyDelete