Monday, January 10, 2011

laugh and shuffle

I need music at work.  It helps me concentrate and it makes the day so way faster.  PLUS it adds laughter to hear some of the songs that come on and surprise you!  Some songs, I have to think twice why they are even on my iPod and some songs I laugh because they are totally inappropriate for work and I need to hit the next button as soon as I can.  My colleague/best friend/sorority sister, Chrissy, and I are constantly laughing at some of the songs that come on.

Here is a list of the songs we laugh at when they come on at work...
  • anything Jimmy Buffett (I was a born and raised parrot head, Buffett is definitely ALL over my iPod - the first song I learned how to sing was Cheeseburger in Paradise)
  • any Dane Cook song or parody
  • "I want your sex" by George Michael
  • Party in the U.S.A by Miley Cyrus
  • anything Spice Girls/BSB/NKOTB/Aqua(just gotta laugh off your childhood & smile)
  • A-teens rendition of the Little Mermaid's "Under the Sea" (can't help myself, it's my favorite movie!)
  • anything ABBA
  • ZTA songs (I was president of my sorority in college, so yes I am a dork and I have sorority raps represented on my iPod)
  • "Three Best Friends" by Zach Galifianakis from the Hangover
  • "Stu's Song" from the Hangover
    
    everything I need in my office - ipod, coffee, vera bradley post its, family pics & inspirational quotes
    
iPods definitely brighten any office and add a sense of "hominess" for the worker.  It makes them feel more comfortable and adds the laughter, like it does for my department.  Even the other day, another my cube sharer when to plug in her iPod speakers to play her music, but I guess she forgot the volume she left the speakers at because as soon as she plugged it in, Britney Spears blasted full on in our office.  It stopped everyone and caused my cube sharer to act immediately and unplug.  She looked at me and I was already laughing, it was the highlight of our day. 

What songs on your iPod make you laugh when they come on and surprise you?

2 comments:

  1. my iPod is bipolar!! it goes from celine dion to that rap song "i wish i was a little bit taller" haha I totally know what you mean :)

    and I always tell people how much I got my bargains for! Although it's not from Target, it's from Tarjay :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha - i am dying, "i wish i was a littler bit taller" by Skeeo is one of my favs!!! AND i say Tarjay too!

    ReplyDelete