Wednesday, January 5, 2011

the worst feeling in the world!

Another post inspired by Snap, but do you know what the worst feeling in the world is?  To me (and Snap) is when you misplace something and you cannot find it.  There is nothing worse then looking thru my purse for my blackberry to only realize the phone is in my pocket.  It is too funny to watch people freak out over lost items that simply are not lost and misplaced. 

Snap bbmed me on Sunday saying she lost her wallet and was totally upset, who wouldn't be?  I felt so bad for her and she explained how some low life at the mall that day snatched her wallet; luckily there was no cash and just her credit cards (which she cancelled).  She was really mad at herself.  But Monday, I got a message from her saying she found her wallet and that her grandma had it the whole time.  How grandma got the wallet, who knows?  But she had it, now there is nothing to do but laugh it off.  Snap & I are the same person and I freak out over lost obsessions just as much as she does. 
Snap tearing apart her purse in Brooklyn looking for her cell
One of the funniest lost freakouts was a weekend in the spring when Schamte and I went to visit Mo at UDel.  When we go to Mo's apartment, we all jumped out and hugged since it had been awhile since we saw each other then all  hopped in Schmate's car to go on an adventure to find a parking spot.  As Schmate was driving she could not find her blackberry so Mo and I were searching her car for it.  We were calling it and could hear it ringing, but we could not find it for the life of us! Mo finally said it sounds like its coming from outside, but how could that be?  We kept searching and finally Schmate found a spot, so she came in the backseat to help us look.  On her way from opening and closing the driver's door and opening the back seat, she noticed her blackberry on the roof of her car!  Mo was right, it was coming from outside!  We DIED in laughter... how lucky is she that a phone stayed on the roof of her car while driving around Delaware... must be one strong phone!

I hope I do not sound mean; I mean loosing things suck, especially things that are valuable to you in any way.  But it is so funny to hear people's stories or watch people freak out over loosing something when it was simply in their pocket.  I, myself, need to listen to my own advice more; we all just need to stop stressing and laugh it off!

1 comment:

  1. Yep, I am notorious with having my sunglasses on my head and then freaking out when they are not in my purse..

    Cute blog! :)

    xo,
    Casey
    www.blondebargainbabe.com

    ReplyDelete